学大题库 > > 初中题库 > 初一题库 > 初一英语题库 >《爱丽丝梦游奇境》第七章

初一英语

《爱丽丝梦游奇境》第七章

来源:学大教育题库资源网 日期:2013年02月26
    7 Who stole the tarts?
    谁偷了果馅饼?

     

     

    The King and Queen of Hearts were sitting on their thrones when Alice and the Gryphon arrived.There was a great crowd of birds and animals,and all the pack of cards.
    当爱丽丝和鹰头翼狮赶到时,红桃国王和王后正坐在宝座上。那儿有一大群鸟儿和动物,还有所有的纸牌。

     

     

    Soldiers stood all around the Knave of Hearts,and near the King was the White Rabbit,with a trumpet in one hand.
    士兵们都站在红桃杰克周围,国王旁边站着白兔,手里拿着一个喇叭。

     

     

    In the middle of the room there was a table,with a large plate of tarts on it.'They look good,'thought Alice,who was feeling a little hungry.
    房子中间有一张桌子,上面摆了一大盘果馅饼。“看起来真不错!”爱丽丝心想,自己觉得有点饿了。

     

     

    Then the White Rabbit called out loudly,'Silence!The trial of the Knave of Hearts will now begin!'He took out a long piece of paper,and read: 
    这时,白兔高声喊道:“肃静!对红桃杰克的审判现在开始!”他拿出一张长纸,念道:

     

    The Queen of Hearts,she made some tarts,

    All on a summer day.

    The Knave of Hearts,he stole those tarts,

    And took them all away.

     

     

    在夏日里的一天,

    红桃王后做了果馅饼。

    红桃杰克,

    偷走了所有的果馅饼。

     

    'Very good,'said the King.'Call the first witness.'
    “很好,”国王说。“传第一证人。”

     

     

    Alice looked at the jury,who were now writing everything down.It was a very strange jury.Some of the jurymen were animals,and the others were birds.
    爱丽丝看了看陪审团,他们正做着记录。这个陪审团奇怪极了,有些陪审员是动物,另外的一些是鸟儿。

     

     

    Then the White Rabbit blew his trumpet three times,and called out,'First witness!' 
    白兔吹了三下喇叭,喊道:“传第一证人!”

     

     

    The first witness was the Hatter.He came in with a teacup in one hand and a piece of bread-and-butter in the other hand.'I'm very sorry,Your Majesty,'he said.'I was in the middle of tea when the trial began.' 
    第一证人是制帽人。他一手拿着茶杯,一手拿着一片黄油面包。“对不起,陛下,”他说。“审判开始时,我正在喝茶。”

     

     

    'Take off your hat,'the King said.
    “摘掉你的帽子,”国王说。

     

     

    'It isn't mine,'said the Hatter.
    “帽子不是我的,”制帽人说。

     

     

    'Stolen!Write that down,'the King said to the jury. 
    “那就是偷的!记下来,”国王对陪审团说。

     

     

    'I keep hats to sell,'explained the Hatter.'I don't have a hat myself.I'm a Hatter.'
    “我的帽子是要卖的,”制帽人解释着。“我自己一个帽子都没有。我是做帽子的。”

     

     

    'Give your evidence,'said the King,or we'll cut your head off.' 
    “把证据拿出来,”国王说,“要不然我们就砍了你的头。”

     

     

    The Hatter's face turned white.'I'm a poor man,Your Majesty,'he began,in a shaking voice. 
    制帽人的脸都变白了。“我是个穷苦人,陛下,”他说道,声音都打颤了。

     

     

    Just then Alice had a strange feeling.After a minute or two she understood what it was.
    这时爱丽丝觉得很奇怪。过了一两分钟,她明白是怎么回事了。

     

     

    'Don't push like that,'said the Dormouse,who was sitting next to her.'I'm nearly falling off my seat.'
    “别推我,”睡鼠说,坐在爱丽丝旁边。“我都快从座位上掉下来了。”

     

     

    'I'm very sorry,'Alice said politely.'I'm getting bigger and taller,you see.'
    “对不起,”爱丽丝礼貌地说。“你看,我变大了,也长高了。”

     

     

    'Well,you can't do that here,'said the Dormouse crossly, and he got up and moved to another seat.
    “好,可你在这儿这样可不行,”睡鼠生气了,他站起来,坐到别的座位上。

     

     

    The Hatter was still giving evidence,but nobody could understand a word of it.The King looked at the Queen,and the Queen looked at the executioner.
    制帽人还在做证,但没人听懂他在说什么。国王看着王后,王后看着执行官。

     

     

    The unhappy Hatter saw this,and dropped his bread-and- butter.'I'm a poor man,Your Majesty,'he said again.
    可怜的制帽人看到这些,面包片都掉下来了。“我是个穷苦人,陛下。”他又说。

     

     

    'You're a very poor,speaker,'said the King.He turned to the White Rabbit.'Call the next witness,'he said. 
    “你连话都说不清,”国王说。他转向白兔。“传下一个证人,”他说。

     

     

    The next witness was the Duchess's cook,who spoke very angrily and said that she would not give any evidence.The King looked worried and told the White Rabbit to call another witness.Alice watched while the White Rabbit looked at the names on his piece of paper.Then,to her great surprise,he called out loudly,'Alice!'
    下一个证人是公爵夫人的厨子。她气呼呼地说不想做什么证。国王有点担心,于是让白兔传下一个证人。爱丽丝看着白兔查看着那张纸。正在这时,让她大吃一惊,白兔大声喊道:“爱丽丝!”

     

     

    'Here!'cried Alice,jumping to her feet.
    “在这儿!”爱丽丝喊道,一下子跳了起来。

     

     

    'What do you know about these tarts?'said the King. 
    你知道关于果馅饼的事吗?”国王问。

     

     

    'Nothing,'said Alice. 
    “一无所知,”爱丽丝说。

     

     

    The Queen was looking hard at Alice.Now she said,'All people a mile high must leave the room.
    王后盯着爱丽丝。然后她说,“所有一英里高的人都得离开这个房间。”

     

     

    'I'm not a mile high,'said Alice.'And I won't leave the room.I want to hear the evidence.'
    “我没有一英里高,”爱丽丝说。“我也不离开这儿。我要听证词。”

     

     

    'There is no more evidence,'said the King very quickly, 'and now the jury will—'
    “再也没有证词了,”国王马上说,“现在陪审团要——”

     

     

    'Your Majesty!'said the White Rabbit,jumping up in a great hurry.'We've just found this letter.There's no name on it,but I think the Knave wrote it.'
    “陛下!”白兔马上跳了起来。“我们刚刚找到这封信。上面没有名字,我想是红桃杰克写的。”

     

     

    'No,I didn't!'said the Knave loudly.
    “没有,我没写!”红桃杰克大声嚷道。

     

     

    'Read it to us,'said the King.
    “念给我们听,”国王说。

     

     

    'Where shall I begin,Your Majesty?'asked the Rabbit.
    “从哪儿开始,陛下?”白兔问。

     

     

    'Begin at the beginning,'said the King,'and go on until you get to the end,then stop.'
    “从开头开始,”国王说,“念到结束停止。”

     

    Everybody listened very carefully while the White Rabbit read these words.

    They tell me you have been to her,

    And talked of me to him.

    She thought I was a gardener,

    But said I could not swim.

    He tells them that I have not gone,

    (We know that this is true).

    If she decides to hurry on,

    What will they do to you?

    I gave her one,they gave him two,

    You gave us three or more.

    They all returned from him to you,

    But they were mine before.

     

     

    大家都仔细听白兔念。

    他们告诉我你去过她那儿,

    还向他提起了我。

    以为我是个园丁,

    但说我不会游泳。

    他告诉他们我还没有走,

    (我们知道这是真的)。

    如果她决定快点,

    他们将把你怎么样?

    我给她一个,他们给他两个,

    你给我们三个以上。

    但他们以前属于我。

     

    'That's a very important piece of evidence,'said the King.He looked very pleased.'Now the jury must—'
    “这证词非常重要,”国王说。他很高兴。“现在陪审团——”

     

     

    'If anybody in the jury can explain that letter,'said Alice (she was not afraid of anything now,because she was much bigger than everybody in the room),'I'll give him six pence.It's all nonsense!It doesn't mean anything.'
    “如果陪审团有谁能解释这封信,”爱丽丝说(她现在一点儿也不害怕,因为她现在比房间里任何一个人都大),“我就给他六个便士。纯粹是胡说八道!什么也说明不了。”

     

     

    The jury busily wrote this down.'She thinks it's all nonsense.' 
    陪审团赶快把这也记下来。“她认为这是胡说八道!”

     

     

    'All nonsense,eh?'said the King.He read some of the words again.'But said I could not swim.You can't swim, can you?'he said to the Knave.
    “胡说八道,嗯?”国王说。他又读了一段。“但我不会游泳。你不会游泳,对吗?”他问红桃杰克。

     

     

    The Knave's face was sad.'Do I look like a swimmer?'he said.(And he didn't—because he was made of paper.)
    红桃杰克脸上很悲伤。“我看起来像会游泳的吗?”他说。(他当然不会——他是纸做的。)

     

     

    The King smiled.'I understand everything now,'he said.'There are the tarts,and here is the Knave of Hearts.And now the jury must decide who the thief is.' 
    国王笑了起来。“我现在全懂了。”他说。“果馅饼在那儿,红桃杰克在这儿。现在陪审团必须决定谁是小偷。”

     

     

    'No,no!'said the Queen.'Off with his head!The jury can say what it thinks later.'
    “不,不!”王后说。“砍掉他的头!陪审团以后再说它的决定。”

     

     

    'What nonsense!'said Alice loudly.'The jury must decide first.You can't—' 
    “胡说!”爱丽丝大声说。“陪审团必须先做出决定。你不能——”

     

     

    'Be quiet!'said the Queen,her face turning red.
    “闭嘴!”王后说,脸都气红了。

     

     

    'I won't!'said Alice.
    “我不!”爱丽丝说。

     

     

    'Off with her head!'screamed the Queen.Nobody moved. 
    “砍掉她的头!”王后尖叫着。没有人动。

     

     

    'It doesn't matter what you say,'said Alice.'You're only a pack of cards!'
    “你说的话没什么用,”爱丽丝说。“你们不过是一副纸牌!”

     

     

    Then the pack of cards flew up into the sky and began to fall on Alice's face.She gave a little scream… and woke up.She was lying next to her sister under the trees,and some leaves were falling on her face.
    这时,所有的纸牌飞向天空,然后掉在爱丽丝的脸上。她尖叫了一声……然后醒来了。她躺在树下,在姐姐身边,脸上有几片掉下来的树叶。

     

     

    'Wake up,Alice dear,'said her sister.'You've been asleep a long time.'
    “醒醒,爱丽丝,亲爱的,”姐姐说。“你睡了这么久。”

     

     

    'Oh,I've had a very curious dream!'said Alice,and she told her sister all about the strange adventures in her wonderful dream.
    “哦,我做了一个非常奇怪的梦!”爱丽丝说,然后她给姐姐讲了自己在梦里的奇遇。

     

     

    短语学习

    at the beginning

    起初

    【例】They have added a new scene at the beginning.

    在开头他们又增加了一场戏。

北京学大信息技术有限公司学大教育 2010京ICP备10045583号-6 京公网安备 11010502031324号 隐私声明
增值电信业务经营许可证京B2-20100091 电信与信息服务业务经营许可证京ICP证100956号